Although Jenny Hemming is fully registered with the Law Society and the Solicitors Regulation Authority, she works now as a legal consultant within the freedom for legal services allowed by the Legal Services Act 2007, aiming to provide high quality advice within a flexible and reasonable cost structure.
Third Sector Legal offers a wide range of professional services, including:
- The formation of charities and other not-for-profit entities, their appropriate legal structure and their governing documents, with related drafting and filing;
- Advice on and assistance with governance issues;
- Provision of legal updates and explanatory materials for trustees and for the executive;
- Negotiation and drafting of memoranda of understanding, commercial agreements, terms and conditions, grant funding agreements, partnership agreements and joint venture agreements;
- Setting up of trading subsidiaries;
- Merger and takeover advice;
- Auditing for legal compliance and risk assessment;
- Advice relating to linked or group charities in other jurisdictions;
- Liaison with legal advisers in other jurisdictions;
- Company secretarial work;
- Assistance with executive and trustee recruitment campaigns;
- Trustee induction training;
- Drafting of formal documents such as annual reviews and trustee reports.